Wednesday 9 May 2012

Giant Spiders Web!

Pin It


The idea for this came completely from Play Create Explore, which is an amazing blog full of really creative ideas, their original post is really lovely and full of imaginative play so do check it out.  I've also since seen posts where they've created string obstacle courses. But, basically I laminated some pictures of spiders and some bugs then got the boys to create a giant spiders web using string. We tied it on the doors, windows etc and the boys loved that they were doing out of the ordinary.


I got them to peg on their bugs then peg their spiders somewhere else on the web. Then we got the spiders to run along the web till they got to their bugs to eat them! (The original post idea had the spiders rescuing bugs so you could go for that instead).  Lots of fun! Bud was brilliant at it, Champ got a little overexcited and started to run into the string a bit so we cut this short after a while, but it was great fun while it lasted.

Even better I put the string laminated bugs and spiders and the pegs in a box so we can pull it out at anytime.




5 comments:

  1. Hope you get to give it a go, if you do let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a fun activity! what fun to spread it out around the house! thanks for stopping by crayonfreckles the other day. i couldn't respond to your comments because your email isn't enabled. if you need help doing this, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks lots of fun! Shame a spider isn't an insect as I'm teaching my children a letter a week and we are on I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured this on my bug activities post. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...