Wednesday 20 June 2012

Water Wall & Our Week Outdoors

Pin It


We continue to spend time playing outside everyday, this is what we got up to last week......

Monday 11th June - Water walls!  I've been pinning these for ages (you can check out my outdoor play pinboard here), but, it was a recent post by Taming the Goblin that really kick started me into action.  Their version is really pretty, but we are moving house soon so I didn't want anything permanent that we'd have to take with us, so we needed a more make-shift version!

Instead we turned our garden furniture on its side and took a few plastic bottles and boxes out of the recycling box and tied them on with string.


I don't have any pictures, but the boys really enjoyed trying to line up the boxes and get them in just the right place for the water to flow through.

It was raining at the time, so we had no lack of water, but when I brought out a bowl of coloured water (yep, I got my food colouring out again!) it was way more obvious how the water was flowing through and it made it a bit more magical!

Tuesday - We love a good treasure hunt!  The weather was better, but the ground was still wet so the wellies are still on!  I hid scrunched up bits of foil around the garden and told Champ I'd hidden treasure for him to find.  He instantly put a bowl on his head and found a spoon as he told me he needed to dress like an explorer!


The bowl it turns out wasn't the best for hunting so he had to come back in for the magnifying glass!


Turned out the magnifying glass did the trick as he soon found all his treasure.  We repeated this a few times with him hiding them for me and vice versa.  Then we did it again when Bud came home from Pre-school.


Wednesday - We visited our new town and in between visiting new home and school we checked out the local castle and a great park in town.  No pictures though, I forgot the camera, whoops!

Thursday - A sunny trip to the park and a cute picture of Little Dude amongst the Daises (which he then tried to eat!)


Friday - We were travelling to my parents and didn't make it outdoors, only the second time in more than a month!

Saturday - The boys went to the park in the morning with Hubby and Pa, then has fun in the garden with me and Grandma.  The skateboard was a big hit!

And, this is pretty impressive balance!

Sunday - We went to a local Stately Home and enjoyed walks in their grounds with lots of running races, Frisbee and tree climbing... oh and I forgot the camera again!

Like what you've read?  Why not check out some of my other outdoor play posts?

9 comments:

  1. The water wall looks fab. I like your use of food coloouring to see the water flow - genius idea. One day I plan to make one for BigBud and Buster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the water wall (and the mess rating!). I have been thinking over some type of water wall for a while and this gives me a great starting point. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant ideas here Hannah - and showing that it doesn't have to cost money to be outdoors with little ones. I love the water wall, like you I have pinned loads of ideas about one but never got round to builing one! Thanks so much for adding this to the outdoor play link up this week, Kierna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your water wall! I to have seen it all over pinterest, and been very excited to make one for the boys soon! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Nicole
    Mama Of Many Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by from the Kids Co-op. I loved this post and I am featuring it in Triple T Mum's Kids Co-op Showcase. I am also pinning your post to the Kids Co-op Board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! looks like an incredibly busy, fun, educational week! i love that water wall, i loved the monko and goblin's too! just need to figure out where i can put it! thanks so much for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the water wall! Pinning this to try sometime this summer or next with my twin boys (18-months). Found your blog via No Time for Flash Cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Holli @ www.fullhandfullheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun week outside! We love scavenger hunts, so I think we'll be trying your treasure hunt. :) Thanks for sharing at The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what fun!! Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...