Wednesday 22 August 2012

Pipes, Paint And Play - Our Week Outdoors

Pin It


If you're a regular to Making Boys Men you'll know that we do a weekly outdoors post as we try to play every day outdoors come rain or shine.  We've been outside for play every day (with the odd exception) for the past couple of months and this past week hasn't been any different, here's a few of the things we've been up to....

Monday 13th August to Thursday - Outside everyday, but no pictures!  The boys have either been at the park or in the garden in what the boys call their 'stone pit' as there's a gravelled area at the end of the new garden.

Friday - On route to our day out at the Sealife Centre we took a stroll along the canal and the boys loved watching the canal boats chug along.



Saturday - We had a lovely visit from my sister and family and ate (and played) outside, despite a rain shower.  We put on our best British faces and carried on regardless (the dappled look of the table is the rain!).


Sunday - First crafting in the new house!  I thought we'd go for a bit of outdoor painting as one advantage of moving house is packing paper - perfect for painting!  No easel, no worries!  I tried taping the paper to the fence, which didn't work so I taped it to a garden chair instead.


It worked really well and the boys got stuck in with some painting.


It'd also just read a post from Play Create Explore about their summer snowballs.  Theirs looked really good using corn flour and shaving cream, mine were not so great!  I think I added too much shaving cream - hmmm crumpled ball things that didn't splat like snowballs at all.


But, the boys were not put off!  Nope they just painted them instead!


And then tried rolling them down the latest additions to our garden play - a hoover hose pipe and some PVC plumbing pipes!


Still looking for more fun?  Apparently this is the stone flick game that has recently been recognised as an Olympic sport - according to my boys!


Enjoyed this?  Check out some more outdoor posts here.

13 comments:

  1. This fantastic post was very nicely written, and it also incorporates many good facts. I appreciated your skilled means of writing the post. You have made it simple for me to understand. Good and precise info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be weird, but my favorite thing about your blog is your mess rating. I think it is so funny, and very helpful. I love your ideas so much that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Come over to my blog to get the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge thanks for the award! I'm going to post about it soon, it really did make my day a little brighter, thanks!

      Delete
  3. Just finished painting with a flyswatter with my son! He had a blast (and a quick bath after)! My favorite thing to do with his paintings is use them as frames for pictures of him painting. Can't wait for them to dry! Thanx for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had fun! Love the idea for picture frames, I've been cutting out shapes from the boys paintings and using them for homemade cards, but frames would be a great gift for family. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Hannah, once again I have to thanks you for linking up in the outdoor play party, you always have so many great ideas that anyone can replicate. And I am always glad to see someone else from the UK or Ireland who doesn't have that gorgeous summer sunshine!! Kierna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kieran, thanks so much for your comment. We do try getting outside everyday, rain or shine as the boys love outdoor play, but a bit more sunshine would still be nice! I've just discovered your blog and put it in my reader, looks like a great source of outdoor play inspiration!

      Delete
    2. Aww thanks Hannah, I've shared this on facebook & twitter too :)

      Delete
    3. Hannah, are you on FB? It's just that we have a group for EU based bloggers to share ideas & help with any issues we may have & we would love to have to join us. If you are interested drop me a line, kiernacorr@hotmail.com Cheers

      Delete
  5. These just make me smile!!! Love all your simple ideas for fun outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun!! I love it! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure exactly why but this blog is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll сheck bаck lаteг on and see if the ρroblem
    stіll eхists.

    http://ωωw.facebook.com/kellyѕmіth.
    cctv
    Check out my blog post : tens pain relief

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...