Thursday 22 November 2012

DIY Busy Board & Gift blog hop

Pin It


I've loved the couple of busy boards that I've found on Pinterest like Lilla A and Gmglimmerglass so when it was Little Dude's first birthday a couple of months ago I thought I'd have a go and make one.  So I did and I was pretty pleased with the results, but never got round to blogging about it.
 
Then I discovered week four of Counting down to Christmas was homemade gifts I thought it'd be the perfect time to share!
 
 
 
Now I'm no DIY-er, in fact I had to borrow a hand drill to make this, but it was very simple to make.  I bought a chopping board, raided my Dad's garage and bought a few bits and bobs and here we have my busy board!

 
 
To attach each item I drilled holes with the hand drill then screwed them on.  The only error I made was initially buying screws that were too long, but otherwise it was very easy.  The lights came with sticky backing so were easily stuck down, but as they were quite bright I covered them with tissue paper and contact paper.  I also covered the hinges with felt as these were a little sharp.

 
And here it is in action....

 
... and again with big brother using it (before covering the lights which were too bright).


I hope you like the busy board, if you want to make one yourself and have any questions please leave me a comment and I'll try to reply.
 
Making any homemade gifts yourself for Christmas?  Then why not join me and my co-hosts in linking up your gifts?  Still looking for ideas?  Then why not check out what my co-hosts have made?
 
Rainy Day Mum, Life at the zoo and Here Come the Girls

If you're only just getting Christmassy then why not check out the previous weeks link ups?  Every week's blog hop is staying open until Christmas day so there's lots of time to join in.

Week one - Advent
Week two - Christmas cards
Week three - Tree decorations

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE your busy board. That is so cool!!!!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Maggy, I was really pleased with how it turned out!

      Delete
  2. Cathy@pre-schoolplay23 November 2012 at 12:25

    Wow this is amazing! This is going to the top of my list of things to do:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, I hope you get the chance to make it!

      Delete
  3. Great busy board! I've wanted one of these for my son for quite awhile now. I need to just do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. Getting the stuff together was what took the time, once I'd done that this was a perfect craft for doing in front of the TV. I hope you get to make one.

      Delete
  4. What a great busy board!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like busy board gift.Its very nice to see this gift

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...