Monday 26 November 2012

Snow Free Sledding!

Pin It

 
If you're a regular to this blog you'll know that we are big lovers of outdoor play, but that being British we have to put up with A LOT of rain!  So as it's got colder and wetter we've had to try a bit harder to get outside, but once out there I think we've possibly had more fun than in the warm summer days!
 
This weekend we went sledding in the garden, only minus the snow!  This is how it started out, Hubby pulling the boys round the garden in our sledge....
 
 
Then somehow our outdoor play table got turned into a ramp....

 
... which provided opportunities to learn how to fly...

 
... then the ramp got a bit steeper (oh and the other red pole is Bud's light sabre made from other bits of table legs!).

 
Champ got in on the action...

 
... the ramps seemed to multiply as the trampoline seemed to get involved!

 
..... providing even greater opportunities for flying!

 
We had awesome fun!  I even had a go and have the bruises to prove it!  Plus if it provides happy, crazy faces like this!

 
I hope you've enjoyed our snow free sledding!  If you liked this why not check out our Facebook page and Pinterest boards.

11 comments:

  1. My husband and I are laughing with tears streaming down our faces. Awesome! And I'm afraid it's giving him ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah, looks like you all had lots of fun. We have snow here today - ugh!! I'll send you some if you like. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and following. We'd love some snow, so yes please send it our way! Off to check out your blog now. Hannah

      Delete
  3. brilliant idea! what fun! thanks so much for linking this up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hannah--What fun!! Now you need to share THIS post at Eco-Kids Tuesday! Please! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-incredible-egg-and-eco-kids-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I love this! I hope you come by and share this week at Mom's Library!
    We don't get snow where I live and I never thought of doing this in the rain! I will remember it on the next WET day! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/11/moms-library-link-up-7-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys look like you had an awesome time! We may need to do 'no snow' sledding too - it's suppose to be 70 tomorrow here (Kansas City) - crazy! Such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquie. I like the sound of your weather, nothing but wet and cold here, boo!

      Delete
  7. Inspired garden play. I can only imagine what you might be up to when the snow really does fall! Thank you for sharing on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how fun!! I know my daughter loves to be pulled on her sled any time of the year--snow or no snow. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...