Thursday 6 December 2012

Christmas Cookies

Pin It
Christmas cookie recipe
 

Spoiler alert!  Spoiler alert!  If you are female and related to me do not read on or you might find out what you're getting for Christmas!  Anybody else?  Welcome!
 
This week on Counting down to Christmas it's Christmas recipes - yum!  This may be my favourite week!  If you've done any cooking for Christmas feel free to link up below!
 
 
 
For some members of my family I will be giving them a jar with all the ingredients for these cookies from Bakerella.  The idea being they can bake them themselves adding just a few more ingredients (egg, vanilla extract and butter).  But, of course I couldn't give away a cookie recipe that I hadn't tried could I - noooooo!  So the boys and I had a trial run!

 
First, we put all the ingredients into the jar I planned to use for the gift.  The recipe is in cups as opposed to the British way of cooking in grams, which did make it nice and easy for the boys.

 
Notice the abundance of flour - everywhere!

 
The recipe also contains pecan nuts which the boys chopped using dinner knives.

 
All done to discover the jar was twice the size we needed - argh!  But, that's why we test these things out right?

 
Obviously testing the jar size was not enough we needed to actually taste these things!  So whilst Bud had lost interest my personal sous-chef (Champ) helped me add the wet ingredients and mix.

 
Then we rolled them into balls.

 
Cooked them and ate so many they were gone in 24hrs!  Opps!  They were delicious! 
 
Admittedly there's not really anything Christmassy except that they are FULL of very decadent ingredients - lots of chocolate and I added fudge bits instead of chocolate chips - mmmmmmm!
 
If you fancy making these I can whole heartily recommend the recipe from Bakerella.
 
And, so to the blog hop.  Don't forget to check out my co-hosts:
 
 
And you can add your other Christmassy links to the previous weeks:
Week One: Advent
Week Two: Christmas Cards
Week Three:Tree Decorations
Week Four:Homemade Gifts
Week Five: Nativity
 
Come back next week to link up your home decorations.
 
 
 
 




7 comments:

  1. Ohhh I must try these I've never made a cookie in a jar present but intend to this year for my cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I AM female but unfortunately we're not related;) These cookies look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a very unique idea using jar.
    I wanna taste cookies. Um...yum!! ^0^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how yummy!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking this to Tuesday Tots. I've featured it this week. You can see it here :) http://www.learnwithplayathome.com/2012/12/10-fun-christmas-food-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...