Wednesday 5 December 2012

Den or Fort Building Kit

Pin It

 
So my Christmas crafting kick continues!  First it was the DIY busy board, then the nativity peg dolls and next up a den building kit for my nephew.  The idea for this came from Pinterest  where there are lots of versions, but the one that inspired me the most came from Meg and Andy.
 
I bought a single sheet from a charity (thrift) shop and used fabric scraps to create ties in the corners and along the edges.
 
 
I also pulled together some essential den building tools: clothes pegs; clothes line; a torch; suction hooks and glow sticks.

 
I also bought an inexpensive rucksack which I painted white around the edge.

 
Several coats later and I added some writing.  If I'd had longer, this is the bit I'd have found a way to do this more beautifully, but I'm hoping my nephew will still be super happy with his unique gift.

 
I hope you enjoyed this post.  Stop back soon and check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages.
 

9 comments:

  1. DianeMargaret Miller5 December 2012 at 10:40

    That's pretty cool. I think ANY kid would be happy to get this!!! I certainly would have been thrilled with it when I was little! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gift idea! I'm pinning this for my godson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fun idea!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I need to make a few of them. Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great boy gift. What boy wouldn't love that?? So awesome! Thanks for linking up to tip toe thru tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featuring your awesome idea at Mom's Library this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea - we had great fun in the hardware shop this buying rope and builder's sheets for some freestyle dens.

    We're focused on building & construction ideas at this week's Empty Your Archive and I would love it if you would link up ...

    http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/empty-your-archive-15.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...